I WILL ANSWER




'Call to me and I will answer you.  I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own.'

I love this verse for two reasons:


Firstly - the assurance that GOD will answer us.  As Christians we often find it hard to believe that GOD will answer our every call - especially when we haven't quite lived up to our end of the 'bargain'.  It's this mindset that limits what GOD is able to do through us because we live with a 'law' mindset.  In the Old Testament you had to pay a price in order to have your transgressions absolved and be able to plead with GOD.

Jesus' death and resurrection changed all of that - so why, then, do we still think in the same way?  I believe that it's because we listen to the Devil when he tells us that we're not good enough.  It takes very little for us to believe that GOD won't take note of our call because we don't deserve His attention.


The truth is that it's quite the opposite: GOD is waiting for us to call upon Him!  Jesus told so many stories (parables) during His brief ministry to affirm His Father's heart for us.  When the prodigal son returned, his father was waiting for him with open arms.  When one sheep strayed away from the rest, the shepherd went out to find it.

When you call out to GOD, let me encourage you that GOD will not only hear you, but He WILL ANSWER! 

Secondly - GOD will give us wisdom to understand His answers.  GOD wants us to have wisdom.  He wants His church to have manifold wisdom so that we can begin to understand what He wants us to do.

I have heard so many people say that they've prayed and prayed for answers from GOD but they still don't understand what's happening around them.  We all go through hard times as we move from one season to another.  I went through a particularly difficult season this year and I felt, at times, that GOD was holding back and not standing up for me.

It was at these times that Satan was trying to cause me to doubt GOD and apply my own understanding to my situation.  I could never have figured things out on my own!  Fortunately, because I surrounded myself with strong encouragers who spoke the Word of Life to me, I was able to wait on GOD.  GOD's church kept me strong when I was feeling weak and alone!

GOD revealed understanding and wisdom to me that has brought my family and I to a beautiful place of a deeper relationship with Him, where we are able to see the fruit of faithfulness and patience.

This verse reminds us that GOD guides us in two ways.  He tells us where to go and how to get there.  All too often we hear where we should go, and then we try it in our own strength.  Paul wrote to the Galatians to warn them of this trap.  They started out strong, trusting and following GOD, but then they began to take things into their own hands.

May I encourage you today, whatever your situation, to call out to GOD for His answer and His direction.  It's the only way to receive the wondrous things that He has set out for you!
Blogger Social Bookmark Gadget

No comments:

Post a Comment