MANNA FOR TODAY

 
"You can be sure that God will take care of everything you need, his generosity exceeding even yours in the glory that pours from Jesus."

It seems that one of my biggest faith challenges is putting my Faith in GOD for my everyday needs.  I'm good at trusting Him for the future, but when it arrives... today... I struggle.  I keep thinking that I need to make ends meet, I need to invest my strength and I need to take care of today.  I think that GOD will take care of tomorrow, and I will take care of today.   The result is that I feel anxious, unsettled and cannot rest in GOD's presence.



When the Israelites left Egypt with Moses, GOD gave them fresh manna everyday.  It wasn't a week's supply on a Monday or two days at a time.  They never had left-overs for lunch.  They never had stale manna for supper.  In the story from Exodus 16, GOD supplied meat in the evening and fresh bread in the morning so that they might have their fill and know that GOD was their GOD.

This became their 'bread of life'.  Is sustained them every day and kept them strong on the path upon which GOD was leading them.  This story was legendary in Jewish homes, every child grew up knowing that GOD had supplied the needs of His people by showering them with bread to live, every day.

Jesus, whilst teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum, said that He was the true bread of life, that whoever comes to Him will never be hungry and never be thirsty. (John 6:30-33)

Here's the encouraging message:  GOD knows our needs.  GOD satisfies our needs.  Period.  Finished.  GRACE.  More than we can ever imagine, GOD fulfilled our deepest need when He chose to hang on the cross.  Jesus' work on the cross sealed the deal and unlocked GOD's bounty for His blessed, loved and highly favoured - you and me.

May I encourage you today, that whatever your needs, GOD has a plan to provide more than what you need.  If it's bills to pay, if it's patience with your family, if it's a tempered tongue, if it's rest, if it's hope, if it's forgiveness - He Will Supply.



Blogger Social Bookmark Gadget

3 comments:

  1. Cool Article. Pity that some of us (me) need to be reminded of that fact often...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today my manna has been something I have been wrestling with since 1971 when I was an exchange student to the USA. I met David Wilkinson (he wrote amongst others, The Cross and the Switchblade) He told me that my pride was keeping me from the glory of full relationship with God and Jesus. i did not understand until yesterday 212-08-28

    Yesterday, I realized that my self-sufficiency was making me so proud that I had not let Christ into my everyday life, I did not recognize that everything comes from HIM and so I was keeping HIM at the respectful distance HE allows us

    Your Manna message today reinforced my attitude to PRAY that I will permit HIM access to my every need...

    Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a reminder to us that God is always there. We (I) sometimes forget that when things don't go the way we would like it to be that it is God who leads us in that direction. He knows best for us. I pray that God will be with your future and business and that He will bless you abundantly. Lots of love
    Carol

    ReplyDelete