All GOD needs is your obedience


"In the same way, let your light shine before people, so that they can see your good deeds and give honor to your Father" 
Mat 5:16

GOD wants to perform miracles through us!  I sometimes struggle with this concept, because I think that the sin in my life precludes me from being used by GOD.  I think that I need to be more 'righteous' or I think that I don't deserve to see miracles like that!

I was thinking these exact thoughts recently when GOD spoke to me and said "Tim, you don't perform the miracle, I do."  This shook me for two reasons:  firstly, in not expecting miracles due to my own faults I was assuming that I would be doing the healing.  Secondly, GOD truly wants to use us in our brokeness.

Why?  Why would GOD use me when I am broken?


I believe the answer is simple:  so that all the glory will go to Him!  If we operate from a place of brokenness, we cannot be misled into thinking that it was either our strength or our ability!  GOD doesn't need my skill, ability or strength.  He will use me when I am weak.  He will use me when I am broken.  He will use me when I am completely out of my depth!  All GOD needs is my obedience.  That's such an awesome thought!

When we allow GOD to work through us, the Light will shine and expose the darkness.  We do not have to expose the darkness, The Light will!  When we are intimate with GOD, our lives will bear fruit that will taste like heaven.  People will see what GOD is doing in and through our lives.  We'll still have issues - sure - but people will start to see GOD and not our issues.  We are like clay pots with cracks and holes.  It's only because of those cracks and holes that the light can shine out.

May I encourage you today that GOD has many miracles that HE is longing to perform in your life.  May I encourage you to be obedient and let Him work through you to glorify Himself!
Blogger Social Bookmark Gadget

2 comments:

  1. Thanks dude for this blog. I thought of this passage from John 9: Jesus Heals a Man Born Blind

    9 As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. 2 His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”

    3 “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him. 4 As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. 5 While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

    God uses our brokenness indeed,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always good to be reminded of this :)

    ReplyDelete