The Two Farmers



"These are the words of Him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What He opens no one can shut, and what He shuts no one can open. I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept My word and have not denied My name."
Rev 3:7-8




There were once two farmers who were struggling with a terrible drought. They both prayed to GOD that He would send rain to end the barren time.  Only one of the farmers, however, went out and prepared his field for rain.

I echo these words from the movie "Facing the Giants", an awesome and inspirational movie.  GOD is our strength, our song and our salvation and when He opens a door for us, no one will be able to shut it. That includes circumstances!


It's easy for us to ask GOD to bless us and pour out His favour in our lives - but it takes faith to worship GOD with an attitude that He will deliver on His promises.  I believe that worship gains true power when we worship with expectancy - the expectancy of a child that doesn't know how it will happen, but knows that it will happen, because their dad said so.


Worship becomes an offering when we relinquish our trust in worldly and self-strengths and allow ourselves to become vulnerable to the working of GOD's Holy Spirit in our lives.  This is shown by the fruit in our lives and the way that we communicate with, and treat others.

So my challenge to us all is: Are you preparing your field for rain?
Blogger Social Bookmark Gadget

No comments:

Post a Comment